Care & Cleaning of Equipment:
All rentals are made with the understanding that normal wear and tear is included in the rental rate. However, any damage from misuse or improper care will be charged for. Our rental rate structure anticipates all equipment being returned clean or additional charges will be made.
4 Hours - not available for overnight rentals or weekend rentals, must be completed in a single working day. We allow 1 additional hour for travel time.
1 Day - 24 consecutive hours from time of rental to time of return. 8 hours of run time allowed on metered machines. Any overtime will be charged at the prorated rate of $25.00 T0 $70.00 per hour up to the 1 day rental rate.
1 Week - 7 consecutive days from time of rental to time of return. 40 hours of run time allowed on metered machines. Any overtime will be charged at the prorated rate.
4 Weeks - 28 consecutive days from time of rental to time of return. 160 hours of run time allowed on metered machines. Any overtime will be charged at the prorated rate.
Week-end - Weekend rentals are charged at a 1 & 1/2 Day rate. You can pick the item up any time between 3:30 Pm until 5:00 pm on Friday and keep it until Monday at 8:00 am. This rate allows for 12 hours of run time on metered machines. Any overtime will be charged at the prorated rate of the machine's daily rate divided by 8 hours up to the 1 day rental rate.
Payment is due at time of rental unless you have an open account with us. We accept most major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), cash, checks and money orders.
A valid driver’s license or photo ID is required at time of rental.
Operating Condition of Equipment:
In the event that the equipment you have rented is not operating as it should or has a problem, please contact Diamond X Rentals immediately. Continuing to run equipment in such a manner can cause excess wear, tear, and damage and result in extra time spent attempting to complete your project. Please help us take care of our equipment and help you get your project done properly. If you do not call to inform us of the problem with the equipment and wait to inform us when you return the equipment when it is scheduled to be due, you may be held responsible for the full cost of the rental. All equipment requiring use of fuel is sent out with a full tank. Customers may choose to refuel equipment prior to returning it to us or elect to have us refuel the machines at the appropriate cost.
FTV (Fire-Theft & Vandalism Rental Agreement)
Explanation of Coverage
1) CUSTOMER'S GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: By entering into a Diamond X Rentals Rental Agreement (Agreement) Customer acknowledges receipt, understanding and responsibilities as stated on the front and reverse side of the Agreement. You have agreed to be responsible for any loss or damage to the Equipment, and for its return in the same condition in which received, except for normal wear and tear. This responsibility is limited to the full value of the Equipment at the time it is lost or damaged, including but not limited to Diamond X Rentals expenses, such as, loss of use, appraisal fees or recovery costs. If the Customer is deemed responsible for damage to the Equipment, the equipment may either be repaired by Diamond X Rentals or a company of Diamond X Rentals choosing. The cost of labor and parts of such repairs will be the prevailing shop/list rates in effect at the time of repair. In the event that an outside source is used then that cost will be applied to the repair billing.
2) FIRE, THEFT & VANDALISM (FTV): All customers renting equipment from Diamond X Rentals are required to maintain physical damage insurance or accept the Fire, Theft & Vandalism (FTV) Protection Plan. Any customer not providing proof of insurance will be charged an amount for the FTV equal to 10% of the gross rental amount. The FTV is not insurance; however, it does provide limited protection against accidental loss or damage to rented equipment, owned by Diamond X Rentals.
This plan does not cover equipment licensed for highway or public roadway use or equipment obtained from other companies and rented to the Customer. In the event of a covered occurrence (defined below), Customer is responsible for the resulting loss up to the higher of $1,000.00 or an amount equal to three times the four week rental, per occurrence for each separate piece of equipment rented.
COVERED OCCURRENCES: The following are considered covered occurrences: a) Theft of equipment from Customer, provided reasonable precautions were taken to protect and secure the rented equipment, and a police report was filed. b) Damage to equipment caused by vandalism not resulting from Customer's negligence provided a police report was filed. c) Damage to equipment caused by natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, wildfires, or other natural disasters.
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE: Theft of accessories, such as air hoses, blades, tires, electric cords, tools and other similar items. b) Damage caused by improper use, failure to secure equipment during transportation or exceeding or overloading the rated capacity of the equipment. c) Damage to motors or other electrical devices caused by surges in electrical current. d) Damage resulting from misuse, abuse or failure to maintain proper oil, fuel, hydraulic, coolant or pressure levels, lack of lubrication or other normal servicing of the equipment. e) Damage to tires and tubes caused by blowouts, bruises, cuts, road hazards or other causes inherent in the use of the equipment. f) Loss or damage caused by use or possession of the equipment in violation of any terms of the rental agreement, or any law, ordinance or regulation. g) Loss or damage caused by failure to keep the equipment in a secure area up to a period of 48 hours after unit is called off rent. Loss or damage caused by intentional abuse, malicious mischief or neglect. Damage to, or loss of, equipment in the possession of a third party.
3) WAIVER EXCEPTION: Even if the Customer has accepted the Fire, Theft & Vandalism (FTV), Customer will still be liable for all resulting loss or damage to the equipment and expense of Diamond X Rentals, if it results from the gross negligence of Customer which includes, but is in no way limited to the use or operation of the equipment in a reckless or abusive manner, or intentional damage to the Equipment by Customer or with Customer's permission.
4) SUBROGATION: In the event of any loss or damage to the Equipment, Diamond X Rentals will subrogate with respect to any right of the Customer to recover against any person, firm, corporation or other entity. Customer will execute and deliver whatever instruments and papers are required and do whatever else is necessary to secure such rights. Customer will cooperate fully with Diamond X Rentals and/or its insured(s) in the prosecution of those rights and will neither take nor permit nor suffer any action that may prejudice Diamond X Rentals rights with respect thereto.
What is FTV?
FTV (Fire, Theft and Vandalism) is not insurance. It is, however, limited protection against damage to equipment you have rented from Diamond X Rentals.
Do I Have To Purchase FTV?
FTV is required for any Customer who does not have a valid Insurance Certificate on file with Diamond X Rentals at the time of rental.
What Insurance Requirements Do I Have To Meet?
To avoid FTV, your insurance certificate must include the following:
• Minimum of $1 Million in General Liability coverage
• Minimum Physical Damage coverage on leased or rented equipment of $25,000 of the value of the equipment rented, whichever is greater.
Certificates should be mailed or emailed to:
Diamond X Rentals
PO Box 242
Johnson City Texas 78636
email to: email@example.com
The customer is responsible for the item(s) rented from the time of delivery until the time of return.
Items requiring the use of fuel are full when you receive them. Please fill them with the proper fuel prior to pickup or return. Do to our small fuel capacity we charge a premium for refueling items upon return.
Tires are the customer’s responsibility. Tires are not covered by FTV Agreement. Please inspect the tires prior to leaving the rental yard. If you have a flat you must have the tire repaired or replaced prior to the return of the item.
We encourage you to reserve the item you will be needing as soon as your plans will allow, so that we will have what you need when you need it. We ask that you let us know as quickly as possible if you have an item reserved and your plans change
We will hold the equipment for 1 hour past scheduled pick up time and then put it back into rental rotation if we have not heard from you.